Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Eat Less to Lose Fat...

Yep, you heard me right. I'm going on record right now and telling you if you eat less, I promise you will lose fat. Besides you already knew this anyway, right? I mean when you want to shed a quick five pounds you start skipping meals anyway. So I'm supporting you, continue to eat less and watch the fat melt away.

I know what some of you may be thinking right now and trust me I'm not crazy. Despite what you have read, heard, or seen I know I am right and I'll spend the next few minutes proving it. But let me say it once more: EAT LESS AND I PROMISE YOU FAT LOSS!!!

Here's how it works. At some point in your life you will hear or make the statement, "my metabolism has slowed down," or something to that nature. But have you ever taken a moment out of your day to ask why that is? Well I've got the answer for you. Your metabolism is your muscle. And we all know what our metabolism does don't we? As rhetorical as the question is I'll answer for complete clarity, it is what allows our bodies to burn calories.

So let's get this straight. Our metabolism burns calories and muscle is our metabolism. However, we often say our metabolism slows down when we get older. But if the metabolism is muscle, why wouldn't we just add more muscle or keep what we got to burn more calories. Hopefully by now you see where I'm going with this.

By eating less muscle you will definitely lose fat - and yes you eat muscle. In fact, you probably eat more muscle than you do ordinary foods. Heck you might even be eating muscle right now! Every time you wake up your body is expecting to be nourished with a food (a well balanced breakfast that is). Yet you deprive it and thus your body enters a state of starvation. So to keep you moving and energized your body uses muscle as it's energy source. After days, months, and years of repeating this cycle (and similar cycles such as missing lunch or dinner) your body constantly depletes itself of muscle. Hence your metabolism is slowing down and when that happens you store more fat.

Be sure to get in breakfast, lunch, and dinner and more importantly the snacks in between each of those meals. This my friend is what all the talk of eating 5-6 times a day comes into play. By doing so your body will be fueled by the foods you eat versus your muscle. You see it is possible to eat less and burn more fat depending upon the context of the statement. In this scenario I'm suggesting you eat less muscle.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the comment! I enjoy hearing from new readers, especially a fellow Texan. ;)

    I definitely liked the twist in your writing here :) I tried experimenting with 3 larger meals, but I do think eating 5-6 times a day is more helpful in maintaining energy. Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mitri! We Texans do have to stick together. I'll be sure to keep up with your writing as well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete